Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ready for the Twins?

If all goes well with the amnio tomorrow morning (checking lung maturity), we will have the twins Monday afternoon. September 29th we found out that there were 2 babies and we have spent the past ~7 months getting used to the idea.

Since the positive pregancy test at the end of August, there have been:
  • 13 routine Drs appointments
  • 2 rounds of blood work
  • 4 ultrasounds
  • 11 monitoring appointments

All to ensure that the twins are healthy and thriving. It's a good thing we have a scheduled delivery date, otherwise I think these boys might be happy for a few more weeks in there.

It is still hard for me to believe that I am going to be coming home from the hospital with 2 babies; I guess it won't be a reality until they put them in my arms. I wonder what they will look like - will they look the same, will I have trouble telling them apart? What type of temperment will they have - calm, good sleepers :) Will their personalities be similar or completely different? How big will they be - my guess between 7 and 7.5 lbs. How will we adapt to the change in our household? How will we survive the sleep deprivation? How much will our daily lives change as we transition from a family of 3 to a family of 5?

Ready? I guess as much as we are going to get. I'm excited to finally see the boys and welcome them into our family!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Well, they have arrived! I hope you have had time to savor the quiet moments in the hospital. Your transition to a new, enlarged family has already started to sink in, but now it will be in earnest. Congratulations, dear friend. I can't wait to meet them in person and of course, see you! Congratulations!